Friday 10 August 2012

Weird Is The New Black

Some people that know me think I'm shy, and some people think I'm the polar opposite. But truth is, I'm just weird. And I like it.

I don't understand why some people think that being weird is bad. Being weird is being different, unique, it's a way to be you. If everyone was normal, and no one was a little strange, the the whole darn world would have less charm than a dead slug ( that's for you tributes ;) ). It would be so boring, everyone doing the same thing, day in, day out.

That's why I like the way I am, and I try to be weird as much as possible. It's not like it's hard work either.

And yeah, sometimes when I'm cackling with my friend in maths class after she nearly fell off her chair because her legs were stuck under the table, or when I'm in the library making farting noises with my hands, some people do stare. But you know what? I don't care. Because I'm having fun. And if they can't accept that I'm this way, then it's not my problem.

So if you're reading this, which I hope you are, because it would be awkward if you just skipped all of the above content and came straight down and read this line, I want you to know that I like your weirdness. And that you should too.

Embrace your inner weirdo!!

UrbanNerd.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment