Thursday 16 August 2012

Amandla Stenberg

Today was another day that I was a bit 'uninspired', or maybe I was just being a bit lazy. But I decided that I'm just going to tell you a bit about my role model. You should really read on, because she's truly amazing.

Amandla Stenberg.

For those of you who don't know of Amandla, she is a young actress, pretty close to my age in fact, and she is so good at what she does. She recently starred in The Hunger Games, and you might have also seen her in Colombiana.

I find Amandla to be truly inspiring, I look up to her in so many ways. 
She is so strong. When The Hunger Games was first released, a lot of idiots made racist comments about Amandla's portrayal of Rue. Even though she knew about these comments, they didn't phase her, and she was still extremely proud of what she'd done, and I was proud of her too.
She's only 13, yet she has already achieved so much. Gee, if I had done half of the things that she has done when I was 13, I would have been pretty darn proud.
Amandla is so mature and gorgeous. So, so gorgeous, and I have to admit, I'm jealous. She has the most beautiful eyes and smile, and her hair, oh her hair, it's amazing.

Amandla Stenberg is a huge role model and inspiration in my eyes, and I want to thank her for all that she has unknowingly done for me. 

Check out this amazing girl on twitter; @amandlastenberg.

UrbanNerd.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment