Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Cure For A Bad Habit

I'm sure you've all got some sort of bad habit, right?

Well when I was younger, not too much younger, but a year or two ago, I had a horrible habit of biting my nails. It was really bad, no matter how I tried to stop, I just couldn't.
I tried putting some foul tasting stuff on them, that didn't work. My mum told me to imagine that there was dirt and poo under them, that did nothing either. But I found one thing that really worked.

Cutepolish.

This wonderful girl is someone that is amazingly talented at painting her nails. She puts videos up on YouTube (her YouTube name is just cutepolish) of super easy tutorials that show you how to do different designs on your nails. When I first saw a cutepolish video, I was instantly inspired. And this is how I stopped biting my nails. I knew that I would never be able to paint really cool things on my nails if they were minuscule in size, so I told myself that I had to stop biting them to do this.

Right now, my nails are super long and healthy, and I've done about four different cutepolish designs. My first one I did was for Easter, and I painted a cute little bunny on my ring finger and then easter eggs on all other fingers. From that moment on I have been so determined to do all of my favourite designs of her's.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have a bad habit that you can't get rid of, get inspired. That's what I did and it worked a treat. Find something that inspires you to stop, or something that you want to do that you can't if you continue with your habit.

Also I'd love it if you could check out cutepolish. Like I said, her YouTube name is just cutepolish, she also has a twitter, @cutepolish, and her facebook name is cutepolish as well.

Drop me a comment down below and tell me what your bad habit is and how you plan to stop it!!

Good luck.

 UrbanNerd.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment