Sunday 9 September 2012

Hunger Games Cast Appreciation Day.

So today I was helping my friend with some homework she had. And it sounds really funny, but I was actually enjoying it. Why? Because it was on The Hunger Games! After she'd left I thought, I really want to watch it now. So I did. And I realised how absolutely amazing all of the actors and actresses in it are. 


I thought they all deserved some appreciation, they deserve a blog post. 

I have to start with Amandla Stenberg. Her performance as Rue was absolutely phenomenal. When Rue was killed I actually cried. She was that good. And if people think that Amandla wasn't absolutely perfect, they should probably go eat some Nightlock.

Alexander Ludwig. Alex did such a great job as Cato. He portrayed the character in so much depth and even though Cato was quite evil, towards the end we saw another side of him. I really loved this and I thought he was fantastic.

I don't think anyone would make a better Thresh than Dayo Okeniyi. Some of my favourite scenes in the movie were ones with Thresh. I loved it when Cato's knife got stolen, and he took it out on one of the other tributes, but then we see little Rue hanging up by some straps on the roof and she has it. But the thing I love about that scene is when Thresh sees her up there and gets this cheeky little grin on his face, it just makes me go 'aw'!

For a 12 year old, Willow Shields is such an amazing actress. She portrayed Prim so perfectly, she was just so innocent and seemed genuinely scared. I just couldn't help but adore Prim and I'm sure I'm not the only one that felt so many different emotions when her name was reaped. When she was saying goodbye to Katniss it was just so so sad. Willow was amazing.

Isabelle Fuhrman was absolutely perfect as Clove. And when I see perfect, I mean perfect.  The scene in which she almost kills Katniss is one of my favourites in the whole movie. She just seems so evil and cunning, I really loved it.

I loved Jack Quaid as Marvel. He was just so goofy, in a way, and it was like he brought a lot of himself to the character. The snippet we see of Marvel's interview was my favourite out of all.

Thanks to Jackie Emerson, Foxface is now one of my favourite characters. Even though she didn't have many scene in the movie, when she was on the screen she was perfect. 

Josh Hutcherson was an amazing Peeta. No matter how hard I try, I can not imagine someone else being Peeta. He portrayed the chemistry between Peeta and Katniss perfectly.

Jennifer Lawrence. Flawless. There are no other words for her. There is no way anyone else could ever be Katniss, she is the one and only. There is just something about Jen that just makes her so likeable. She just brought so many different emotions to her character. I loved her so so much as Katniss, words can simply not describe it.

I love ALL of The Hunger Games cast. Every single on of them. Even the ones I didn't name, I still love them as much as the others. Leven was a perfect Glimmer, Elizabeth an amazing Effie, Woody was a hilarious Haymitch, and Lenny such a serene Cinna. All of the cast is so wonderful.
They all deserve some simple appreciation.

UrbanNerd.xo

2 comments:

  1. I gave you a blogger's award! To find out what to do after receiving it visit my blog! http://bookfangirling.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thankyou so much!! I just took a look at it, I'll do the post soon!! :D xo.

    ReplyDelete